Translate

Monday, November 17, 2014

A Ton Happened this Week

Familia,

Fine. I'll buy my own journal.

Stop being sick Mom! It's not good for you!

Thanksgiving. I think a member is feeding us. I think that is all.

Christmas. Hmmmmmm. Clothes are always nice. I think I've already mentioned all the random stuff I want. I think I want my black and gray stripped scarf. And if I still have it, my stripped sweater. Maybe my black cardigan/sweater thing. It kind of just looks like a blob. Honestly, I can't remember what I left at home and what I gave away. It's a problem. 

I can't take credit for TellyTubby land. That was how Hermana S described it. I plagiarized her.

Tortillas are the best thing in the world. I'm not sure why I didn't like them as much as I do now before the mission. I can't stop eating them.

So. A ton happened this week.

We had exchanges! I got to stay here and Sister Eager came to be with me. She's so awesome! However, we did end up being like half an hour late to all of our appointments. It started off with a former named E. She wasn't there when we came but her husband said that she was coming in like ten minutes. So we street contacted people for ten minutes. Then we went over. She speaks like perfect English, but her husband only speaks Spanish, so we taught the lesson in English so Sister Eager could join in. Her husband left so he wasn't a part of the lesson. She had a daughter who died two years ago, and she still really hurts from it. We were debating whether or not to teach the Plan of Salvation to her, but we decided on the Restoration. Which was good, apparently she's been taught the Plan of Salvation a ton of times. And she had a ton of really good questions about our lesson. Apparently, she has been wondering if we worship Joseph Smith, but the missionaries have never answered her question! Sad! Don't worry. We cleared that up. But it was a really amazing lesson. I think she's super prepared! But that lesson went like super long . . . so we missed our next appointment and got lost when we were going to the next one.

So I can't figure out how to get places, and when I never drive, I really have no idea. So you can imagine, me, having to drive, when I have never driven in this area before, getting lost a lot. So we got lost going to our appointment, We arrived late, and she had to leave, so we just shared an scripture. 

Then we went to another appointment, but it was with a single man, so we called a member last second ('cause otherwise we wouldn't be able to enter) but we had to pick her up, and she was out of our area, and we got lost. So we came really late, he was busy, but we shared a scriptures with him and returned our member and continued onward.

We also were an hour late to dinner because we got lost . . .

Like I said, it was pretty eventful. But we made it! It was tons of fun. I love Sister Eager, she is so amazing!

We also found some new people this week. We found two families. We were trying to get a signature for the baptismal form when we found one of the families. We stopped to street contact an old lady but she thought we were looking for her granddaughter! She couldn't hear us very well, but she got her granddaughter for us and we talked to her, and her mom, and her brother. They are so prepared! However, they are very talkative. Not off-topic talkative, but we could not get out of that lesson on time! Don't judge me based on this apostate night! (That sounds super weird . . .) We started talking to them at like 8:40 and didn't get to leave until 10! They would not let us go! It was also probably the worst night to come home late in. The district leader wanted us to turn in numbers. He probably called us like 5 times, and the zone leaders called us too. They also texted us. I feel bad, because they can't go to bed or anything until all the numbers are in. But we couldn't get out of there! We tried so hard! 

Here it comes. Ya ready for it?
       
         
            *
          *
        *
        *
          *
            *
              *
              *
            *
          *
    *    *
  *    *
 *  *  * *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  
  *    *                                *
    *    *                             *
           *                          *
            *                        *
            *                       *
           *                       *
         *                        *
       *                         *
      *                         *
       *                        *
       * *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *


         *
          *
        *
        *
          *
            *
              *
              *
            *
          *
    *    *
  *    *
 *  *  * *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  
  *    *                                *
    *    *                             *
           *                          *
            *                        *
            *                       *
           *                       *
         *                        *
       *                         *
      *                         *
       *                        *
       * *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

         *
          *
        *
        *
          *
            *
              *
              *
            *
          *
    *    *
  *    *
 *  *  * *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  
  *    *                                *
    *    *                             *
           *                          *
            *                        *
            *                       *
           *                       *
         *                        *
       *                         *
      *                         *
       *                        *
       * *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *





BAUTISMO!

"I" and "E" got baptized this Saturday! Getting that organized was quite the event. "I"'s work schedule got changed so she couldn't do it at 7pm like we had planned. So we had to spend two hours calling people to get it moved to 1:30. But it happened. That's the important thing. Getting the actual baptism started was also hard. Everyone important was late. We were worried because Hermano J was performing the baptism, but he had to leave at 2:30 so it had to be on time! It started late, but it ended on time, so it was good. And also, there was a baptism at 3, so we had to be out for them to have theirs.

"I" was a street contact. Hermana Sampson and her old companion street contacted her before I got there. At first she was super closed down because she has had some bad experiences with members in the past. Primarily, her daughter is a member and got married in the temple. She also neglected to tell her mom that she couldn't enter. Talk about hurt feelings. It doesn't help that her son-in-law is totally crazy and wouldn't let her see her grandkids. But that's not important now! She accepted the gospel and all is well! She's super funny. I love her. 

"E" is from a part member family. He wanted to get baptized at eight but I think his dad wouldn't let him. But anyway, he was super excited to get baptized. He was sad when we told him he couldn't pass the sacrament yet (he's 11), but he was so happy and grateful to get baptized. His dad even came to the baptism!

Getting the gift of the Holy Ghost was quite the ordeal. The primary program was this week, so the bishop didn't want to do it in sacrament meeting. However, he didn't tell anyone this until we were at church. The problem was, "I" couldn't do it the next week, and "E"'s mom got the day off of work (he normal comes with his sister) to be there. So we did it after sacrament meeting in the bishop's office. I made it sound a lot less stressful than it was.

Well anyway. I think that's all. 

Hermana Leete

P.S. I'm done emailing earlier than my companion (like always) so I'm messing around with the format. Don't ask me for how long.

Aqui son fotos de este ultimo bautismal teniamos
este ultimo fin de semana:)W




No comments:

Post a Comment