Translate

Monday, January 26, 2015

New Companion and Sick for Three Days

Another week has come and gone and I don't remember a lot of it. Why? Because I slept through it.

Tuesday was transfers. I was stuck at the mission office for half the day waiting for my companion. Which wasn't bad, I got to talk to people. Sit. And go out to lunch with some sisters. That, I wish I didn't get to do.

So Sister A came and we headed back to Ensign. I was feeling a little queasy but I thought it might have been just because I has dehydrated. Then it got worse. Then I got out of the car to try to back up the car. That was a very bad idea. Let's just say that I tasted my lunch again.

I had a low fever for like three days and my body rejected any sort of substance (water or otherwise) for the first day. I couldn't move without being sick. It was pretty bad. But I got a priesthood blessing. The bishop came over with some people and gave me a blessing. That helped. I stayed in bed for the next day and took it suuuuupppppeeeerrr slowly the next day. But after three days of not seeing your investigators, you feel like the world is about to end. It's like our area just went on pause for a bit. I'm super disoriented, like, I have no idea what day of the week it is, when was the last time we saw people. It's super weird. But I'm good now. We're refinding people. But like seriously, if they couldn't stay interested for an extra three days while I was sick, they really aren't ready for the gospel.

Sister A is really cool. She's such a great missionary! She says her Spanish is really slow and really bad because she's been in an English area for a couple of transfers but it's still better than mine. And she talks more and faster than me. She talks a lot. It's quite different. She's from Nashville, Tennessee. 

M C is going to be baptized on Saturday. Yay!

Her son just turned 8 yesterday and so we wanted to get him a gift. Well, he told us that he wanted a pet snake. So, I took an old green cardigan that was left behind from other sisters and had a hole, cut off the sleeve, and made him a pet snake. it took me a very long time because I kept on messing up. And if I had more time (or a sewing machine) I would have made it look nicer. But I did it! And he liked it. Even if he would never admit that he does. We also gave him candy. I wish I got a picture of it, it was pretty cute.

It's back up to 70 degrees. Yay for Vegas.

I don't think we will ever run out of stuff to do. Right now we have 21 referrals from other missionaries. I have no idea how we are going to contact them all.

So that's all I got for you guys this week.


Hermana Leete!

No comments:

Post a Comment