Translate

Monday, February 16, 2015

Turning 20

Hola!

So we'll start with my birthday, 'cause, why not?

Thank you for everything in the package! I love it all! The journal and mug (thanks Sunny!), the map of Mexico (I'm going to go study that now), the stationary, the princess tops, the shirts, the jewelry, the turtle (our car smells like pina colada now), and the sharpies. Very much appreciated, all of it.

Hermana A was apostate and stayed up late the night before to use the streamers and balloons to decorate for me. She's so sweet. I thoroughly loved all of my gifts. I made cupcakes on Valentine's day for our correlation meeting (I forgot to take pictures, sorry). I'm sure the elders appreciated the princessness of them.

We had 9 o'clock church and somehow everyone knew it was my birthday. I suspect the elders (unless Hermana A went apostate and refuses to confess). I got to wear my cute new clothes and even had time to bother with my hair! (I know, super girly, but hey, I never have time for that.) We came back from church, studied a bike, bake a cake, and had a meeting with the YW president about how to help them out. Then came the exciting part. 

We left the YW president's house and street contacting someone. Who then proceeding to try and convince us we were wrong. By "try and convince us" I mean he proceeded to yell at us. For 40 minutes. He didn't even try to tell us why he was right. Just that we were wrong. He brought up something totally wrong about us and Boy Scouts and random things that apparently the Book of Mormon says that we don't believe in (and which don't exist in the Book of Mormon). But it's all ok! He's read the Book of Mormon. And prayed about it. When I asked if he prayed about it with the intention of acting on the answer he told us no. Well, there's your problem. But he never wanted to know. He thinks his church is right. I have no idea what church. He wouldn't tell us ("His church") he said. Basically it was 40 minutes of blasphemy. He would take anything we said and "paraphrase" it (to use his own terminology) but then tell us that we said something we was soooooooo off from what we said Hermana A just had to laugh. And he wouldn't let us go. At all. I'm not even sure how we got out of there. And he told us that we were antagonistic. I'm pretty sure we talked a total of 5 minutes out of the 40 and we just testified. So that made us get to dinner 40 minutes late. We felt bad about that.

But anyway . . .

Dinner was awesome. We had empanadas. Super awesome. They gave me a bracelet too! And we had tres leches cake! They are the sweetest family. Hermana T and her daughter Hermana B. They gave us something for Christmas too. The candle on the cake was a question mark because they didn't know how old I was turning. It was awesome. 

MC has a baptismal date for the 28th! Man, that was hard to get. So this is the secret to getting people with a date--get them when they are really really tired. Seriously. We came over at 8pm and we were all ridiculously tired (this was on the 14th). So she talked to us about how sad she was because she was supposed to get married on this day, but that didn't happen and her ex-boyfriend was a jerk to her online. And she's having problems with spirits and all sorts of terrible things. Seriously. Hispanics and spirits (another investigator this week was telling us all about how she sees spirits, good spirits, but spirits). Anyway, after talking about that, and following up with her assignment to read 2 Nephi 31, and telling her how she really needs the Holy Ghost in her life, and all of this, she accepted a date! Yay! Now we just need to build up her faith to stop working on Sunday. I'm not sure where this problem came from. It became a problem like the week she was going to get baptized. Ayayay.

We're teaching J, the father of Hermana V, an awesome member of our ward. He's up from Peru for a couple of months. He is the funniest, confused, old man I have ever met. Seriously. He's soooo confused about what the gospel is, authority, and all this stuff. And I cannot understand him. I have trouble understanding his son-in-law too. So maybe it's just the Peruvians that I have trouble with. It's almost frustrating to teach him. Almost. He's too cute of an old man to really be that frustrating. And we have his daughter and her husband to help us. So it's all good. But I'm glad I have Hermana A. I would die with out her.

M and A was an awesome street contact that I did on exchanges. They are progressing so nicely, and are super prepared. M is the one who sees spirits. A is her 13 year-old daughter. They are just super awesome.

On Valentine's Day we heart attacked a lot of people, and gave our investigators cookies and candy. Yay! Spreading the love! We didn't really teach many lessons, but we shared the love. It was great.

Anyway. I think that's all of the exciting stuff that happened this week.

BYE! 


Hermana Leete
Decorations
Presents
The Cake
Yay! Light!
(There are some that are not lit becuase I laughed and accidentally blew them out)

Make a Wish

Is it all gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment