Translate

Monday, April 20, 2015

The Most Stressful week of the Transfer

Familia!
This was easily the most stressful week of the transfer. I've had three different companions this week. So Tuesday was transfers, which involved making sure that everyone who was training had a companion. First we met up and I stole Sister M (she's from Mexico but is an English missionary, she is also training) to be my companion and we dropped off Hermana H with her new companion. But somehow, Hermana H had the phone. So at one point in time I had to go pick that up from her. Then we also had to drive Sister M's car over to the mission office and have a member pick us up so that on Wednesday when we got our new companions, she would have a car. Then we also three packed it with Sister C for a couple of hours while her temporary companions (the STLs) were in a meeting. But then her companion became companions with someone else and so she didn't have a companion and was stranded in Henderson and not Boulder City and she didn't know how she was going to pick up her new missionary. Anyway. We got it figured out. But it was super stressful. I kept on forgetting everything too and ya. And we also didn't know what time we were getting our companions so we didn't know if we needed to reschedule appointments or what.

Hermana H is my companion. She is AMAZING! She is super hard working. When I tell her to go talk to someone, she does it, when I offer suggestions she listens and applies it. She really wants to do good and despite the fact that she's super nervous, she does it all anyway. Which I can tell you is more than I did when I was being trained.
Hermana H is also super amazing because we've had a really tough week this week. But guess what, it was also full of miracles! We met a TON of creepers this week while street contacting. We got a lot of rejections. We met a less active who thinks he's got a devil, but we don't think so. We had a really tough lesson with one of our investigators who like got kind of mad at us. We think she was just in a bad mood. Both of the buildings that are not in Boulder City were completely booked when we called to reserve it for the baptism. (Super stressful, I've never planned a baptism here and they are a lot more strict about stuff than Ensign was.) But, one of the wards are letting us use the font in the morning. Which is awesome. Except G is in the hospital. BUT WE FOUND TWO NEW INVESTIGATORS! Which was awesome. One was a total miracle.
So her name is B. We had got a referral from an English member for a G family. We knocked on the door and no G family lived there, but B did! We asked if we could share a message or a prayer with her and she was all like, "los perros no van a dejarles solos" or something like that. We were like, "no nos importa si hay perros," and she said something and we were like, "tiene 5 minutos para una oracion?" And she said that she would put the dogs away. Miracle. We had an awesome like 15 minute discussion before the prayer and by the end she said that some time she'll come to our church. We're going to see her again tonight.
The other new investigator was just a really awesome Spanish street contact. His name is M. We're going to see how this turns out because he's a little weird.
I gave a talk in church on Sunday. I used Mosiah 18:9 and talked about being a testigo at all times. I used an example that went like this, "if you were in court because someone said you did something illegal, would you want your witness to be silent? No! You would want them to stand up and shout that you are innocent." I talked about how sometimes we think that being an example is enough, but God wants us to defend Him when people try  to say that He doesn't exist or that He is something that He is not. So ya. I also talked about that upcoming baptism and invited them to it. And told them to invite their friends to our English classes. We'll see if we get any results from it.
Hermana H also bore her testimony on Sunday. I was like, "that's my trainee!"

I did not get the prom update from Rachel. What happened with the dress she bought online? RACHEL TELL ME. Please :)
Anyway. I think that's all I got for you guys.
BYE!
Hermana Leete

No comments:

Post a Comment