Translate

Monday, July 20, 2015

Being a Sister Training Leader

Family!

I have now heard that letter from the first presidency twice--once in English and once in Spanish. Just love people! It's not any different than any other sin, like drinking. 

I get to use my Spanish on occasion. I like to do my personal study in Spanish. Sometimes I get to street contact in Spanish. And there are some Hispanics in our ward so I get to talk to them in Spanish. But my Spanish is getting pretty rusty already.

As a Sister Training Leader I get to help the Zone Leaders out with Zone Training Council once a month, I go on exchanges with the sisters in the zone, I go to all the district meetings (where there are sisters in the district), I have meetings with the Zone Leaders to talk about the needs of the zone, I also have meetings with all the zone leadership. I also go to Mission Leadership Council every month. Everyone asks me if I like being an STL and I have no idea what to tell them.

I got to go on an exchange with Sister E. She's in Ensign. So that was fun to be able to go back to Ensign. It took a lot of restraint not to go knocking on all of my recent converts' doors. 

We had Mission Leadership Council (MLC) this week, it was 8 hours long. Brother Hemingway from the missionary department came and talked to us. It was soooo cool! He taught us how to teach like angels (basically using pictures and saying "what do you see" and then going from there), how to purify our hearts, how to plan better, and how to double our baptisms (baptize two out of 20 investigators instead of one). It was super cool! I don't really know how to describe any of it, but you'll just have to trust me. It was awesome. I spent that day in meetings for 10 hours. I could not think straight at the end of it all. (We also had to meet with the Zone Leaders and had a meeting with the Stake President.)

I gave my first training in Zone Training Council this week. I think it went well. I talked about what Brother Hemingway said about purifying your heart. I feel like it went well and was spiritual. Basically it was just go live the gospel of Jesus Christ and your heart will be changed. We did ZTC a bit weird, we divided everyone into four groups and had them rotate between the four trainings. I think they liked it.

We almost had two investigators at church. However, one of them is involved in a court case with some members of our ward and therefore they can't be near each other. They were driving to the church and saw them pull in, so they left. They are going to do to our other ward now.

This week was super slow. Not a lot happened.

English wards actually have ward missionaries. Which is awesome.

This week it was rainy/humid/only over 100 for like 3 days! That was nice.

A and J are really cool. They are the ones that almost went to church. We taught her how to keep the Sabbath day holy. She totally applied it the next day! That was super cool. We stopped by yesterday to see why she didn't come to church and she told us the situation and all she was doing to keep the Sabbath day.

We are also teach the A family. The husband isn't a member, and the wife is. She actually goes to the Spanish ward because her family goes there. But once he can go to church (he works) she'll switch over to our ward. It was pretty cool because I already knew Sister A, she would come out with us in Ensign. We had a cool lesson with them yesterday where we watched this short video about the Plan of Salvation.

We met someone really cool named W this week. She seems really interested.

Anyway, that's all I have to say.

Sister Leete


PS I haven't bought an English tag yet, I'm still on the fence about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment