Translate

Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween Week

¡Hola familia!

This week was crazy. I feel like every week is crazy.

A sister in our zone had a mini missionary (a member as a constant companion) who decided to leave. So we had to find her a companion really quick. Anyway, somehow we ended up having a mini missionary. Which was extremely fun. Her name is M, she's like super boss. It was awesome to have a member with us at all times.

Then two sisters got locked out of their apartment . . . They slept over with us. But it's all good. After multiple attempts at trying to get in they found someone who was able to get in.

The Halloween party was cool. All the missionaries that were in valley (6 out of 7 zones) went to the mission office. We did some skits of the worst member present lesson and watched Cokeville Miracle. That was such a good movie! A little dramatic for missionaries, but man, it was good! 

I got to go to Salvation Army twice this week because of mini missionary/exchange craziness. They were filming for a documentary on one of the days so I might be in a documentary!

We're teaching some pretty cool people.

J was a street contact, he told us to come back the next day, we think just to get rid of us, but then he was actually there. He was all like, "why are you here?" And we were like, "to share a message of Jesus Christ." He told us that he only had three minutes so we taught the restoration in three minutes. It was super powerful and now he's totally interested!

We're also teaching a lady named S, but I've only taught her once because she's never there when I'm there, but when we're on exchanges she is. Weird, huh?

J and C are pretty cool. J seems more interested people than he is, but they accepted baptism! J is really struggling in her life and wants more peace. The Spanish sisters street contacted her and then ran into us so we got to go see her like immediately.

The ward just doesn't want to go out with us. But they are getting better and the bishop is getting more on board with missionary work. So that's good.

Sister M (companion) got bitten by a bug and her arm was super swollen and had a fever. It was super weird. Her arm was giving off heat. But it's all good now, so don't worry about it.

I think I need to reponderize my scripture from last week, Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

This morning we made breakfast for all the missionaries in our zone. It was good but kind of failed at the same time. Like it was cold by the time they got there (totally their fault) and some of it (or a lot of it) was burnt (our fault). But it was still good,

Love you lots!


Hermana Leete

Picture posted on the Nevada Las Vegas Facebook page


I got this from another missionary and it reminded me of my family.

Us and our Mini Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment